In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
One of my favorite series is back on Couple Money – Sunday Blogger. As a member of the personal finance community, I'm amazed at how many people are a part of it. Unfortunately that often means that I can't always keep up with everyone. It's a shame because there are some wonderful bloggers with their stories and advice on handling finances responsibly and with fun.
To counteract that and get the word out on other bloggers, I've started the Sunday Blogger series. It's my hope that you'll discover some new voices in the series.
I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I have.
Everything Finance Interview
Why did you start Everything Finance?
Growing up in India, my parents never had credit cards. So if you want to buy something big, you save up for it and pay cash. This was the mindset I came with when I moved to the US. But, the story was totally different here. So to educate myself and others to stay out of debt and start saving, I started my blog.
How long have you've been blogging?
I have been blogging about Personal Finance since January, 2007. So going on 4 years now. It’s been amazing to see the blog grow from a free Blogger blog to a self-hosted WordPress website.
You must have some favorite posts that you’ve written on Everything Finance, which are they and why?
Here are some of my favorite posts that I wrote when we were in the market to buy a house. I blogged extensively about our entire experience.
- 10 Features That Add Resale Value To A Home
- Features that Lower The Resale Value Of Your Home
- Mortgage Escrow – To Do Or Not To Do
- Closing On Your First Home: What to Expect at the Closing Table
I wrote this one when we were expecting our first baby.
Then there is this post that is extremely popular on Search engines. I still don’t know why.
How do you handle your own finances? Do you have a formal budget or a more informal system?
I currently don’t have a formal budget. But I watch all my accounts like a hawk everyday. I check every transaction to make sure. Since the very beginning, I have followed the money philosophy of “Pay Yourself First”. My wife and I put money in our savings first. Then we budget for our expenses. So this works very well for us.
I also really like Mint.com. I can see my entire Financial Living at a glance. I can keep track of my income and expenses easily. They also have an iPhone app.
What are your goals this year with Everything Finance?
I started this blog as hobby. But now it’s much more than that. My main focus on the blog will be changing from “Saving Money” to “Earning More Money”. I would also like to double my readership this year.
Thanks to Tushar for the wonderful interview. I hope you take a few minutes today to check out Everything Finance and chat with him on Twitter.
Joining the Sunday Blogger Series
If you’re interesting in being interviewed as part of the Sunday Blogger series, I have a few requirements.
- You’ve been blogging for 3 months.
- You’ve publish genuine content. I want to connect to genuine bloggers, not linking to a spam site. I review all the sites before sending out interview questions.
- You’re willingly to promote other bloggers in the series. I don’t expect you to tweet ever interview, but I would like interviewees to spread the word on their favorite bloggers. By the way, I don’t want others to just promote the posts, please share posts from your favorite interviews. They are some wonderful bloggers out there.