In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Do you want to go on a fabulous family vacation, but you’re still paying down debt? Learn how you can save big on your next getaway while still knocking out your debt!
Saving Up for a Fun and Frugal Family Vacation
When’s your spring break?
Our oldest has hers next month, but she’s already counting down the days.
There’s something we love about having a little getaway as a family.
The challenge for families that are on their debt free journey is how to make it work.
‘How do we take family vacations while we’re still paying off debt?’
I totally get it.
You’re not going to put your life on hold just because you’re in debt.
That said, you’re going to have to get savvy with how you plan your trip.
In this episode, we’ll discuss:
- Setting up a vacation fund (and an easy way to build your stash)
- Tips to help you save some serious cash and still have a fantastic, debt-free getaway
- Whether or not travel hacking is the best option for you
Let’s get started!
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/couplemoney/S8E8_How_to_Go_on_a_Fabulous_and_Frugal_Family_Vacation.mp3″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Resources for Affordable Family Vacations
Looking for ways to save on your next family getaway? Here are some fantastic resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Which hotels give dinner for free
- 3 reasons “budget” hotels DESTROY nice ones
- 7 Tips for Traveling with Kids
- How to Travel Like a Rock Star on the Cheap
- Better Bidding: There are forums and sites online that can help you figure out what it will take to your bid for a hotel accepted.
- Best Travel Apps to Snatch Last Minute Deals
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released in May 2019 Show notes have been updated in May 2021