In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Financial Blogger Conference in Chicago
It’s a beautiful, but chilly Saturday morning here in Chicago. I’m slowly getting up to attend the Financial Blogger conference. Meeting bloggers has been the highlight of this event so far as Raleigh’s personal finance realm is a bit small (we do have a dedicated few though!), so I was excited to sign up and attend this special event.
We arrived here Thursday to give ourselves time to adjust. With a baby, we’ve had to adapt our travel routine. So proud that our daughter is pretty laid back overall. She’s joined me at a couple networking events.
Depending on how she is today, I may have her with me in between sessions this afternoon. If you’re attending the conference, please say hello.
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. I’m highlighting some posts from a few bloggers I’ve met yesterday.
- Intentional or Intuitive? What drives your investment decisions? via Wealth Informatics
- Costco or Sam’s via Cheapism
- Don’t talk to insurance adjusters. Do get free money from banks. via Surviving and Thriving
- Sexy Budgets and Droppin’ Some Love with J. Money via Good Financial Cents
- 15% of Americans Are Officially Poor via Yes, I am Cheap
- A Request for Vanguard (or Fidelity, or Schwab…) via Oblivious Investor
- Save Money: Attend Community College Firstvia Free From Broke
- Why Would You Want CDs in Your Portfolio? via PT Money
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University Week 2 via Enemy of Debt
- Living Well On $40,000 A Year via The Single Saver
- Quick and Easy Passive Income Ideasvia Beating Broke
- Uncertainty Book Review: 3 Simple Questions to Dissolve Your Fear of Change…via Man Vs Debt
- Pros and Uses of a Prepaid Credit Card: My experience with the American Express Prepaid Cardia Smart Money Chicks
- Moving: Friends or Professionals via Narrow Bridge Finance
- The Jenny Pincher’s Money Advice for Women via The Jenny Pincher (video)
- Bank of America Announces $5 Debit Card Fee via Check Advantage
Sorry if I missed you for this round of links – lack of sleep has started to affect me. I’ll have another round-up next week with the rest.
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. I also recommend checking out my blogroll to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow. Please also let me know what are some of your favorite blogs that you enjoy reading on a regular basis.
Have fun this weekend with your family and try to stay cool!
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2019 your best year ever!