Completing a 5k Challenge
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
This weekend was a double whammy – I finished a 5k challenge with some tough obstacles plus my friend came in town for a visit and support. One of my buddies found out about the challenge and we signed up as a group. While I upped my workouts a bit; I wasn't as prepared as I should be.
All the obstacles that involved total body strength I did alright, but any test that relied on upper body strength was extremely difficult. Guess I know what I need to change with my workouts 🙂 I had so much fun; I will definitely do something like this again.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well.
- About One->Motivating Kids to Save: One goal we have as parents is to help our baby girl appreciate saving a bit of her money as she gets older.
- Green Panda Treehouse->Cash Spending in May Saved Me Money!: I shared the results of my cash spending for food and hopefully encouraged some college graduates to save their money when eating out.
- GoBankingRates->The Cost of Giving Birth vs. Adopting?: Whether a family grows through adoption or by giving birth, it is an emotional rewarding process. For those deciding on which route is best for them, I wanted to share some numbers.
I hope you enjoy the posts!
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. They’re from tweets I’ve sent out this past week.
- The secret to getting rid of things by selling them via @mbhunterhttp://awe.sm/f9Ij
- What are the Odds of Succeeding with a College Degree? – via @familymoneyblog http://awe.sm/aBKy
- Extreme Credit Card Collections http://awe.sm/g2PD via @fcn – Wow!
- The Benefits of Direct Deposit http://awe.sm/c1IE via @fiscalfizzle
- 11 Tips for Buying Food at Warehouse Clubs via @marriedFoodhttp://awe.sm/5zkGW
- Student Loans For College: An Inevitability For All But A Lucky Few via @financialsamura http://awe.sm/5zgdT
- Your Disaster Fund and the Best Places to Hide Money in Your Home via @LenPenzo http://awe.sm/5wXIq
- Passive Income: Sometimes Saving is not enough wp.me/p2fr7p-eX via @themoneywars
Please follow me to get them as I post them. I hope you had a great weekend!
Wow, just found your blog. I was a super ninja during the 5k and had a blast! I didn’t know that you guys were in the same area. We live in North Raleigh. Maybe we could all get together and cook out and discuss married financial stuff?