Counting Down to #FinCon12!
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
I'm so excited! It's FinCon week and that means it'll be an extremely busy week. I think getting ready for the conference will be just as busy as being there. We're packing our gear Monday and cleaning up everything Tuesday so we can relax a bit when it's time to hop on a plane and fly over to Denver.
It'll be our first time in Denver, so I'm grabbing my camera and sharing my favorite pictures this week on Twitter. I think to go with the theme of traveling, Couple Money posts this week will be about having great times on family trips and saving money when on vacation. If you have any tips, please send in. You can email or tweet me this week or if it's easier, just leave a comment below.
For next week's round-up, I'm going to switch up things a bit. Instead of highlighting my favorite reads from the week, I'll be sharing my favorite posts from bloggers I get to sit down and chat with at the conference. Besides having less time to read, it'll be a fun way to hopefully discover even more personal finance bloggers. If you're in Denver (reader or blogger), please say ‘hi' if you have a minute.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well. Here are a few of my favorites from this past week or so:
- TurboTax: 9 Money Saving Tips for Couples -> Though the year is flashing by, there is still plenty time left this year for the two of you to achieve a milestone together.
- My Financial Reviews: Life Insurance: Something Is Better than Nothing -> While being under insured can be a problem, having NO safety net can be much worse. i show how you can get a bare minimum policy if your finances are tight right now.
If you're going out of town or looking for guest posts, please email me!
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- If you use a Big Bank, you deserve to be treated like crap via @ramit
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Guess My Rental Car Bill via @LenPenzo
- Man Who Sued Parents for His Allowance Instead Gets 30 Days to Move Out via @loweringthebar
- Which is the Greener Option – Shopping Online or Shopping at a Store? via @SustainablePF
- The End of the ATM? via @seedebtrun
I hope you have a great weekend!
I won’t be at FinCon because I can’t miss the first 5-6 business days of any month. Ugh. Hopefully next year it is mid or late month.
That said since you won’t get to meet me at FinCon I’d love if you checked out my blog. It won’t be quite as fun as talking to me but hey, maybe you’ll like what you see 🙂