In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
You may have noticed my badge on the right side about a Financial Bloggers conference. I signed up recently and I’m already excited about it. One of the things I enjoy is meeting up with some of my favorite bloggers and getting to know them and ask them about their sites. I’ve been to a couple of conferences and I’ve had some good times.
Now I’ll meet some more people this fall from the personal finance niche. If you’re a personal finance blogger, please consider coming. It’s a fantastic way to meet some new people and build your blog. I hope to see you this fall!
I want to give a special shout to Phil from PT Money for getting this conference set up. It’s a ton of work, but he’s really focused to make this a huge success!
Conference Information and Details
- Who: Financial bloggers, financial professionals, columnist, authors, financial companies, new media types. [register now]
- What: A two day conference designed to bring together the best of the personal finance community so that we can network and learn.
- When: October 1st-2nd, 2011
- Where: Chicago
Want more details? Get updates and help create this event by joining the Conference list.
Debt Free for Life – Chapter Reviews
This week I reviewed a chapter from David Bach’s new book, Debt Free for Life. Other personal finance bloggers have done the same and I think it’s made for some interesting reading material.
- David Bach’s DOLP Method to Pay Down Debt (via @Bucksome Boomer)
- Debt Settlement: Solution or Scam? (via @Bible Money Matters)
- Mortgage Debt Review (via @Budgeting in the Fun Stuff)
- Debt Reduction is Like a Diet (via @ Barbra Friedberg)
If you’re thinking of buying his book, check out the chapter reviews that interest you to see if the book is right for you.
Deals of the Week
If you’re looking for some deals and giveaways, here’s what I found:
- Bucksome Boomer is giving away a copy of David Bach’s Debt Free for Life book!
- Gen Y Wealth is giving away a digital camera!
- Save up to $435 instantly on the HP Pavilion dv7t Quad Edition series Customizable Laptop PC! Plus FREE Blu-ray drive! (3/27/2011- 4/2/2011)
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- Filing Federal and State Taxes for Free?
- How Much Interest Are You Paying?
- Interactive Brokers Discount Brokerage Review
- Finding Health Insurance When You Are Self-Employed
- Market Corrections: Do You Buy, Sell or Ignore?
- How To Financially Prepare For A Disaster
- What Happens If Your Broker Goes Out of Business?
- How to Become An Independent Contractor
- 20 Tips to Getting Affordable Auto Insurance
- When Should I Take Social Security Benefits?
- Extension to File Taxes vs. Amended Tax Return
- How to Lower Your Mortgage Payments.
- How Much Money Do You Have to Make to File a Tax Return?
- Get out of Debt by blogging?
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. I also recommend checking out my blogroll to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Photo Credit: kevindooley
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2019 your best year ever!