In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
What does a personal finance blogger do on her downtime? Write up some budgets, of course!
This week I was helping a friend update her budget as her income and expenses have changed drastically over the last year.
Believe it or not, I enjoy setting a budget up – figuring ways not only to get bills paid but also discovering ways to use the money to reach goals.
Using Google Drive, I was able to create and share the spreadsheets easily.
After presenting the new budgets I also mentioned using tools like Mint to help them stay on track with the new plans.
Hopefully I'll get an update in a couple of months.
Couple Money on the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money, I write on some other wonderful sites.
Here are some of my recent articles that I hope are incredibly helpful:
- Betterment: How a Baby Changed Our (Financial) Lives ->Amazing how much a little person can have such a big effect 🙂
- My Financial Reviews: Why We Haven’t Worried About ATM Fees In Years and Why You Shouldn’t Either -> I share tips on avoiding ATM fees.
I love writing on other sites and discussing different money topics.
Favorite Personal Finance Posts This Week
Here are some personal finance posts that I've enjoyed this past week.
- How to Send Money to Your Grandchild/Niece/Nephew’s New York 529 Plan as a Gift via @familymoneyblog
- You’re Getting Government Subsidies & Entitlements Too via @yesiamcheap
- Why You Should NOT Invest In Real Estate via @FMFblog
I hope you have a great weekend!