Netbook Giveaway – Winners Announced!
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
I’m happy to announce the winners for the Financial Freedom giveaway. Forest from Frugal Zeigiest won the grand prize! Here’s what Forest won with the giveaway:
HP Mini Ice Berry Netbook
- Intel Atom N455 Processor
- 250GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
- Multi-format Digital Media Card Reader for SD, MMC, Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro media cards
- Built-in webcam
- Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- Symantic Norton Internet Security 2011 (60 day trial)
2011 Quicken Premier
Forest will also receive a copy of 2011 Quicken Premier to help them get their finances under control.
Besides a netbook, we also had some other winners and prizes:
- Tara won a subscription to Money Magazine
- Teresa won subscription to Kiplinger’s Magazine
- Mariane won a $25 Amazon gift card via Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Pedro won a $25 Cash Prize via PayPal via Maximizing Money
- Sasha won $25 Amazon gift card via My Journey to Millions
- BC won a $25 Amazon gift card via Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance
Congrats to all the winners! I also want to give a special thanks to all the wonderful personal finance bloggers who supported the contest and spread the word about it.
Thank you again for being a reader and member of the community! I definitely want to do another laptop giveaway this fall; they’ve been fun!
Couple Money on the Web
This week I wrote a guest post for Parenting Family Money on Credit Card Perks – Take Advantage of What You Have. If you're looking to maximizing your credit card, I've listed some features you can take advantage of now.
I also want to announce some great news for Android users – you can now get the Couple Money app on your phone. Stay up to date on the site's posts! Thanks for blog2Android for setting it up.
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips for your finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- Canadians are not withdrawing from rrsps at an alarming rate
- Taking Social Security and Investing the Money
- Saving or Investing Money to Get Rich?
- When Is The IRA Contribution And Recharacterization Deadline?
- Lower My Cell Phone Bill
- How To Create A Bond Ladder
- What Happens If You Contribute Too Much To IRA Or 401k?
- 5 Things You Should Know About Filing a Tax Extension
- Credit Card Default Consequences
- Downsize Your Home and Upsize Your Wallet
- Better Investing for Beginners – Betterment Review
- Paychex Payroll and HR Services for Your Small Business
I also recommend checking out my blogroll and the Yakezie to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow.
Have a great weekend!
Congrats Forest! YOU LUCKY DOG! hahaha.
Congrats Forest, that’s a sweet prize!
Thanks for the mention Elle, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Thanks for the guest article and for mentioning it to your readers!
Congrats to Forest for the win! I hope that your giveaway was a rousing success.