We’re Having a Baby Girl!
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Excited to Get the Baby News – It's a Girl
This week has been extremely busy for us. Earlier in the week we went to get our Level 2 ultrasound to check on the baby and find out if it was a boy or a girl. My husband thought it was girl and I was certain it was going to be a boy.
Turns out my husband was right – we're having a baby girl! I was very surprised, but we're happy to know now. As soon as we got home we called our parents and siblings to let them know the news.
Within 1 hour all my relatives on the East Coast heard the news and I think my husband's family wasn't that far behind. Next step for us now is prepping the nursery. I can't wait to update Couple Money's baby series with costs that go into a nursery. I'm happily accepting suggestions.
Join In the Baby Expenses Series
I'm really excited about the wonderful posts in the Baby Expenses series here. So many bloggers have shared their personal experiences (and expenses) of becoming parents.
Please go ahead and join in on the fun, there are 3 ways you can be a part of it:
- Leave your tips in the comment section. I love reviewing thoughtful comments from readers. Some topics have several ‘right’ answers and I think sharing different view points can be helpful.
- Submit your stories for future posts. As you know, baby and expenses can cover a variety of topics. If you have a short story or some tips you want to share, please submit them. If you’re a blogger, please share your site’s address with the email so I can credit you if you want.
- Write a blog post about your experience. Please include a link in your bio for your site and if you have a relevant post on your site, please link to it in your post.
Personal Finance Posts To Catch Up On This Weekend
If you’re looking for some personal finance posts to review, here are a few I liked this past week.
- When Paying a $200 Early Termination Fee Makes Sense
- Where is My IRS Form 1040 Tax Package (or Where Can I File Free)?Automating Your Way To Wealth
- There's More to Risk Than Meets the Eye
- The perfect retirement myth
- Asset Allocation is a Sloppy Science
- 9 Tips to Owning A Successful Small Business
- When A Roth IRA Will Cost You
- Is It Always Good to Pay Off Your Car Loan Early?
- How Do You Handle College Advantage 529 Plan Taxes?
- Add A Little Interest To Your Checking Account
- Long Term Bonds Vs Short Term Bonds
I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did. I also recommend checking out my blogroll and the Yakezie to pick up some great personal finance blogs to follow.
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Photo Credit: handmaidenbymaria
Congrats on the baby girl (to come)!
Thanks! We’ve already received some cute clothes for her from our family and friends 🙂
Great news! Hope she looks like you!
We found out for our first, but didn’t for the second, and only I knew for the third.
Thanks for the well wishes guys!
Congrats, I love having a girl and you will too!
My wife would be so jealous of you! When we decide to have kids, she definitely wants a girl. Congratulations on the news. 🙂
You guys are sweet – we’re horrible with surprises, so knowing it’s girl is exciting for us.
That’s fabulous!! We’ve got two girls and just had our first boy. It’s an adventure either way 🙂
Wonderful news! Congratulations!♦
Girls, especially baby girls, are awesome. Mine are all grown up (17 and 16 years old), but there is nothing like being a dad and having your baby girl crawl into your lap wanting you to read Dr Seuss to them again.
Congratulations to you, I’m confident you’re going to be a great mom!
Thanks again everyone. My husband is excited because he thinks he’ll be the favorite parent with our child being a girl 😀
Congrats! I am so happy for you 2. No one has taken me up on this yet, but I think Evania is a fantastic name!