In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Ready to make a big change? Learn how to work together with finances and more while reducing stress and tension!
Dealing with Change as a Couple
Change is a part of life and an almost constant in marriage. We grow and develop as people and as couples.
3 Steps to Navigating Through Changes Together
If you are thinking about a major decision and you're a bit nervous about getting started I have three steps to make this process easier.
- Discuss Your Why: Begin with understanding and discussion the core reason for this decision. Why do you want to make this change? Why make this change now? How is this transition bringing you closer towards your shared goals?
- Create a Plan Together: Compromise and communication are essential if you're going to build a plan that works for both of you. Go over your plan to make sure it address any concerns you or your spouse has. You may not agree on every point, but the plan should respect your viewpoints.
- Have Regular Check-ins: Set aside some time each week to keep on one another in the loop. Things can change quickly, so it pays to be on top of them before they get out of hand. You can also use this time to encourage one another.
Resources on Marriage and Change
Want to prepare now for big changes coming up? Here are some resources to check out:
- Why It’s Hard to Talk About Money in Marriage
- Staying Together During a Money Crisis
- Baby on the Way? How to Save Quickly and Easily
- Surviving (and Thriving from) a Layoff
Thank You to Our Partners
Support for this podcast comes from partners like Personal Capital. Easy to set up & easy to use. You can have all your investments, income, and expenses all pulled into one place.
Did I mention it’s free? Why don’t you give Personal Capital a try today?