2021 Summer of Savings: BBQ Edition
In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
We're all looking to reconnect and have fun this summer.
Today, we're going to go over ways to enjoy family barbecues, give some ideas on great outdoor ventures you can go on, and offer tips on how to grow your savings this season!
Make This a Fun Summer of Savings
For many families, summer is the season.
Especially after the year we had in 2020, many of us are eager to embrace the warmer weather and be outside and go on vacation.
As we mentioned last week, it's possible to have fun and still save.
Today, we're going to dive in with how you can have a wonderful and memorable time this summer, while still building up your stash.
In this episode, we get into:
- Leveling up your barbecue game
- Exploring the great outdoors is perfect for your happiness and wallet
- 10 ways you can boost your savings
Let’s get started!
Handy Tools to Boost Your Savings
If you’re looking to get ahead with your finances as a family, here are key resources to check out!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Frugal and Fun Summer Activities for Your Family
- How to Double Your Savings Rate
- Jamie Oliver's Top 10 BBQ Tips
- World's Best BBQ Tips
- Safe Minimum Cooking Temperatures Chart
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
Slash Your Phone Bill with Republic Wireless!
I'm so happy to announce our new sponsor Republic Wireless.
If you’re looking to hit your family’s financial goals faster, optimizing your expenses is the way to go. Chances are you’re paying too much for your smartphone and not getting the value you deserve.
Same thing happened to me years ago. Wanting to become debt free faster, I switched to Republic Wireless and saved big time.
Nationwide coverage, fantastic phone options like the Samsung Galaxy and Moto g, plus seriously affordable prices (plans start at $15/month!) make it a smart choice for families looking to save without sacrificing value.
See all they have to offer at Republic Wireless!
Before we wrap up, I want to share a few key takeaways I got as I was preparing this episode.
If you want to discuss this more – ask questions, swap ideas, and maybe get a debt-free strategy set up – don’t forget to join us in the Thriving Families group on Facebook.
We swap ideas and tips because our goal is to help one another out with our family and financial goals.
Hope to see you there!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Our theme song is from Staircases. Additional music by various artists from Audiio.