In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Tax season is here and with it the stress of getting your taxes done right.
We’ll look at some ways you can simplify, organize, and maximize your tax deductions and credits this year and set yourselves up for big wins next!
Tax Tips for Making Filing Easier
Now before we jump into this episode I want to be clear about one thing – I’m not a tax expert.
Not a CPA.
Not an EA (that’s an enrolled agent).
But even if I was, I cannot give tax advice to you on this podcast because every family is different and so are your taxes.
However, there are several key areas where many of us -especially busy couples, couples who are juggling so many things like kids, work, finances, side projects, and more -should be paying attention to because they have a huge impact on how things go for us when it comes to taxes.
And I got some good news – I’m keeping this episode on the shorter side.
If you’re a regular person like me, taxes are not the most exciting thing.
However we have seen how important getting our tax done has been for our finances -both with planning throughout the year as well as using our refunds to reach our financial goals faster.
And I want you to see taxes in a better, maybe less stressful light.
In this episode we’re looking at:
- Decoding key tax items (like tax credits versus deductions)
- How to make sure Your Paycheck is Working for You
- Accounts to Maximize Your Finances
I want to make things less stressful for you so you can knock out your taxes.
Sound good? Let’s get started!player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/12932810/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/7d222a/” height=”90″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen>
Resources to Tackle Your Taxes
Looking to make taxes less stressful? Here are some of my favorite resources!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- TurboTax <— We use them for our taxes and this link will get you a $20 discount!
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
And if you want to discuss this more – ask questions, swap ideas, and maybe get a debt-free strategy set up – don’t forget to join us in the Thriving Families group on Facebook.
Our goal is to help one another out. Hope to see you there!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union. If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today!
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with their services.
They want to help you achieve your biggest goals faster and as a team!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!