I’ve mentioned before how much my husband and I enjoy playing video games. We’ve tried to manage our time and money spent on them and we’ve been pretty happy with what we have. I haven’t, however, mentioned that we also enjoy board and card games with friends. Both of us grew up in families that enjoy friendly competition.
Recently we’ve gotten back into games and we wanted to try something new besides our regular stand-bys of Scrabble, Cranium, and Rook. I heard about Settlers of Catan and tried the game out first on my tablet. Loving it, I ordered the basic set from Amazon for game nights. For those who haven’t tried, I highly recommend it. The game is designed to have you interact with other players to trade resources. Next paycheck I’m ordering the expansion so we can have 5-6 players with the game.
So imagine my surprise when I saw On Target Coach’s post this week about 10 Reasons Why Personal Finances Are Like The Settlers of Catan. It’s not only a fun, there are some really good points on how you can improve your finances.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well. Here are a couple of my favorites from this past week:
- In a Nutshell->Joining a Warehouse Club – Good for Finances? I look at the pros and cons of being a warehouse club member. You don’t always save money.
- My Financial Reviews-> Go For a No Cost Refinance? My friend is looking at refinancing and a no-cost option came up. What’s the catch and is it worth it?
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts.
- Spending vs. Saving – The Battle Between Spouses via @LAMFinances
- Green, Frugal Alternatives To the Gym via @prairieecothrif
- Why I Prefer a Spreadsheet to Track Expenses & Manage My Finances via @LenPenzo
- Why Dollar-Cost-Averaging Works: A Look at the Numbers via @michaelrpiper
- Does Your Wallet (or Purse) Reflect Your Financial Goals? via @enemyofdebt
I hope you have a great weekend.
Photo Credits: Jeanique and Amazon
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2018 your best year ever!