In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Would you give up $4,000/month if it meant you had to change the way you work? Mr. Money Mustache did it and not just theoretically. He was already making this money through a credit card affiliate program.
Long story short, MMM was making some solid income with his blog, but after he was contacted to change his banner as it was deemed as “inappropriate content”. He either had to change his banner and possibly his credit card page to fit their criteria or keep his style and lose the income. He chose to be himself and lose that income.
I’m not casting the credit card as a bad guy here; I respect that they have their own rules. My focus is on Mr Money Mustache and how he’s using financial independence in his life. He’s demonstrating the true power of financial freedom; it’s not about how much in the bank per se, but the freedom to choose how you work and in some ways how you live. Please read his post to the whole story – it’s quite good and for bloggers, he shows the tremendous growth he’s had with his site’s income.
Kudos to Mr Money Mustache!
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here on Couple Money I contribute at other sites as well.
- Married Food->Smoky Collard Greens: I surprised myself with collard greens. I had a friend taste a bit of my first batch and she like them (she’s usually not a fan of collards).
- My Financial Reviews-> Renting an Affordable Apartment: finding the right place is important not only for shelter but also to help you save some money for other goals.
I hope you enjoy the posts!
Personal Finance Posts to Catch Up On
If you have some free time this weekend and want some tips and information about finances, be sure to read some of these wonderful posts. They’re from tweets I’ve sent out this past week.
- How to Sell Your Car on Craigslist via @fiscalfizzle http://awe.sm/elqp
- The Ultimate Child Cost Tracker! via @BudgetsAreSexy http://awe.sm/flb9
- Two Ways to Save (and Make) More Money in Less Time, Using Principles of Economics via @familymoneyblog
- Best Place to Buy Used Furniture: Estate Sales?http://awe.sm/apxl via @ptmoney
- I’m Not Covered? Five Ways to Trigger Nasty Insurance Surprises http://awe.sm/kGMW via @fcn
- Teach Your Children About Money Now! via @yesiamcheaphttp://awe.sm/jt1g
Please follow me to get them as I post them. I hope you had a great weekend!