In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
We're doing a listener Q and a, and we're answering two big marriage and money-related questions: finding better banking options and how to decide whether or not to loan money to friends or family!
Answering Your Marriage and Money Questions
Last Q&A we covered getting back on track with financial goals, raising credit scores, and jumpstarting your financial cushion.
So what’s on your minds now?
For one, it looks like you’re looking for a better banking option. That’s a smart move as many of us realize how key our checking and savings are in family finances. Getting hit with needless fees not only is draining your account, but most times it’s not for your benefit, but instead about growing their profit.
We’ll also look at how to help out a friend financially without hurting your own finances.
We got a lot to cover, so let's get started!
Resources to Tackle Your Money Together
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Should We Loan Money to Family?
- How to Master and Maximize Your Bank Accounts Together
- Join Our Thriving Families Community on Facebook
Thanks to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more.
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit of an IRA is choosing how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start to finish – for FREE. And yes, that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple , Spotify, or Audible.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Photo by Tatiana Syrikova