In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
On the hunt for the best deals? Learn the tips and tools that can make your next shopping trip a breeze while still snagging big savings!
Savvy Shopping Tips
Whether you love to explore the stores or stay at home when you shop, we're all looking for a great deal.
To find those treasures usually means we have to do some digging around, especially if you're trying to pick up a big ticket item.
You don't want to have buyer's remorse after paying with your hard earned money.
In this episode we get into:
- how you can find the perfect gift for your loved ones
- getting discounts on big ticket items
- making sure you get the best price when you shop
Thanks to Jim from Scotch Addict and Ray from Squirrelers for their help.
Hope you enjoy!
If you enjoyed the podcast, could you please take a second to share this with your friend or leave a rating and review?
You'll be getting the word out on the show and helping other couples build their marriage and wealth.
Resources for Saving Money and Getting Great Deals
Want to save more when you shop. Here are some resources to check out and use so you're keeping more of your hard earned money!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Empower, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- My book: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- How to Buy the Best Laptop for You
- RetailmeNot: If you’re shopping online, at the very least you should try and find coupon codes. Use their search feature to see if you can get discounts and/or free shipping.
- Offers.com: When I did an episode awhile back about online shopping, I talked about Offers.com. Still handy site to compare prices.
- Honey: A browser extension that runs through coupon and discount codes when you’re ready to check out.
If you’d like to chat about your money moves for this year, you can join us in the Thriving Families Facebook community. We're a fun and supportive group.
We swap ideas, questions, stories, advice. When we try to help one another out with our family and financial goals.
We'd love to see you there!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
This episode was originally released November 2014. Show notes have been updated February 2023.