In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Are the two of looking for some new local spots to try out for a date night, but don’t know where to start? Want to make it even better by getting a discount?
There are lots of sites and apps claiming to being the best for deals, two of the biggest being Groupon and Living Social.
As great they can be, there are other sites and apps to help you find your new favorite spots around town. Some of them you may already know, but aren’t using to their fullest potential and some are new ones with great features.
Local Concerts and Events
Not all of them are widely publicized, but that doesn’t mean the band isn’t great.
- BandsInTown: Stay up to date with the bands performing in your area. You can link up your Pandora playlist to get a personalized concert calendar based on the music you love.
- ScoutMob: Currently only available in certain cities, this apps keeps tabs on local events, restaurants, and deals.
- Dealspotting: Other shoppers submit deals to the app allowing you to uncover some less publicized specials on some venues and shops.
If you’re already going to pick something up, make sure you’re getting a great deal. These apps will help you find the best prices on and offline, get you a discount, or make shopping easier.
- RetailMeNot: I’ve used them to grab a discount on items and usually save 10-25%. With participating merchants you can show the deal on the app at check out.
- ShopSavvy & Redlaser: These apps allow you to scan bar codes and see if the item you’re hoping to buy is available for less online or offline.
- Smoopa: If you prefer for the deals to come to you, you can use Smoopa to set up alerts on products and e-mails you when the price falls below a certain point.
Tip: If you’re using the price checking apps at a store, go ahead and ask if they will price match. You’ll be scoring a great deal and you’ll be supporting a local business.
Thoughts on Local Hot Spots
I shared some of my favorites; I’d to get your take on them. Which ones do you use when you’re hunting for a deal? Do you have any sites or apps you check out to discover new places and events?
Build Wealth Together
Stop worrying about money and start dumping your debt and building wealth as couple!
Get our free guide on how to hack your goals. Make 2019 your best year ever!