In order to produce the podcast and keep content up free for you, I work with partners so this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for more info.
Before I check out for the weekend I want to share what's been going on this past including an awesome deal on games and a checking account designed to help you save more money.
Humble Bundles – Fun Games, Great Causes
Humble Bundle raises money for great causes by offering deals on electronic content. You pay what you want for them and decide how much of the money goes to the publishers and how much goes to charity.
I think it's a creative way to help out others while affordable snagging some entertainment for yourself.
There's an Origin bundle right that has five hugely popular titles available (including Dragon Age:Origin) if you pay any amount.
You can also pay more than the average (it's just under $5 now) and you can unlock eight more titles.
The money will be distributed to these charities:
You still have a few days left if you want to get some games and help out these wonderful charities.
You can also check them out from time to time for other specials.
Couple Money Around the Web
Besides writing here, I also run the Couple Money Podcast, contribute to other sites, and occasionally do interviews.
Here are few things I’ve been busy with:
- How Blogger Elle M Uses Simple: If you want to get a peek at how I use my personal checking, you should read the interview. I use Simple to help me watch my spending and save up for fun splurges.
- Debt Free and Happy with Cash Cow Couple: This week on the Couple Money Podcast Jacob and Vanessa from Cash Cow Couple shared how they decided to simplify their marriage and finances. They two are living the debt free life (without depriving themselves of fun) and working towards becoming financially free by the time they're 30.
Excited about next week's episode – I'm going over how IRAs can be a huge help for retirement.
Money and More Posts I Loved This Week
I found a few gems this week
- Diamonds Are a Marriage Counselor’s Best Friend on Freakonomics Podcast
- When It’s Okay to NOT be Loyal on Michael Saves
- 7 Ways to Use Your Tax Refund, PWK Style on Republic Wireless
- How to Have a Great Marriage on The Budget Mama
I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!